Ladas Hoopes McNeill

Ladas Hoopes McNeill
Reliable and Effective Attorneys

Muskegon Rockstock

Muskegon Rockstock
July 3rd and 4th

Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Positively Muskegon Flashback - The Gamper

While I have been around a good long while with hockey in Muskegon, as time goes on....things change, people change and somethings just kind of seem to fall through the cracks.  It's the price of progress I suppose, but not long ago, I stumbled across a tape I had recorded because I for once had the foresight to know, it would be very hard to find and probably lost to time.  I was right.  Couldn't find in anywhere and was surprised actually to find the old reel to reel tape I had it on.

Not having a reel to reel tape machine anymore.... I had to do some quick thinking and reached out to a long time friend and mentor Gary Hunt, who does have a reel to reel machine and was kind enough to put it into digital format for me, so I could share it with the hockey fans from all seasons past.

Enjoy, The Gamper!



Sponsor Message

Positively Saving Muskegon Money on Wireless


5 comments:

  1. Proper credit where it is due: The comedian's name is John Ten Eyck. He wrote for MTV's 'Remote Control'. I got the bit off the control board at a show he did. The bit was also performed on the 'Half Hour Comedy Hour' on MTV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had never heard the guys name

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a junior in high school in upstate NY when I first saw this on MTV's comedy show. THAT MOMENT, it became a personal classic and I have countless used the phrase "Save by the Gamper" since then. I now reside in the hockey hotbed of San Antonio when John Ten Eyck will continue his obscure immortality.
    THANK YOU for bringing back this skit as my VHS tape of it was, in a true tragedy, lost to divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!!! Looked for this for so long... mine and my dads favorite..

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting this! The Gamper has long been a white whale for me on the internet. I loved it when I was a kid and always wanted to hear it again but I could never find it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete